Takuro & Hitomi Shibata at Studio Touya
We have a special Guest Artist to fire our Anagama kiln with us!
- Adrian King http://www.adriankingceramics.com/
- Randy Edmonson
- John Neely https://art.usu.edu/directory/faculty-directory/neely-john
• Firing: Friday, June 2nd to Thursday, June 8th
• Kiln Description: Firing in a Japanese style Anagama firing. Wood fire with the ember
for 4 days (100 hours). You might see some special effects from amber bed, fly ash
and flashing from fire path.
• Wednesday, May 31 last day to accept pots and sign up for shifts
• 2 pieces per person: up to 9 in high x 6 in wide - No plates, bowls or flat objects.
• Must be cone 10 clay, must be bisque
Starting Friday, May 26th through Thursday, June 7th, attendees will have the opportunity to experience ceramic exhibitions, tours, contribute work to wood kiln firings, participate in firing shifts and other special events with over 20 of the Seagrove area's woodfire artists and their guests. Participants can customize their pre-conference schedule based on the firings they decide to contribute work for, so check out the schedule below and make your choices when you register!
To kick off the exciting pre-conference festivities, Ben Owen III is hosting a party at his pottery on Saturday evening, June 3rd.
Pick up a copy of the new book “CONTROLLED BURN: WOOD-FIRED POTTERY IN SEAGROVE, NORTH CAROLINA”, featuring the Seagrove Preconference potters.